Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches!
Thanks Foxfire!
Worked on it with two layers the first half of the time until I merged them together and worked only on one. I find the less layers I use, the more it pushes to go ahead and not be scared to "ruin" the painting.
Well, main goal was simply practice! ^^ I've done a couple other studies today as well and this pic had been in my folder, unused, for too long so...
I didn't have a main focus. I worked on my values, my brushwork for sure, aaaand face, actually! Her face is certainly what took me most time! That angle was tricky!

I had to kick my brain that was trying to make sense of what it was seing and force it to "unfocus" from the subject to bring it back to seing shapes, lines, values etc. instead of "a face". It was fun and I think I learned a few things there :)

And a few others from today.. :)

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Nemome - 10-24-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by Brainfruit - 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Lale's Traditional and Digital sketches! - by LaleAnn - 02-27-2015, 02:09 AM