'Ello!
Hello Everybody,

About a year ago, maybe a little more I befriended Brent Hollowell on Facebook and noted his remarkable productivity. After a little while I also noticed he was improving significantly and I started to pay more attention to the Livestreams and things he shared. Eventually I found out about this little corner of the internet through some link he posted. I used to be moderately active on CA.org but got kinda burnt out on it and the community there and have been more or less forum-silent for a few years. I figure now's as good a time as any to leave my virtual hermit shack and step back into the stream.

About Moi: I just turned 34 (Feb 28th) and am currently working as an artist at Harmonix in Cambridge. Mostly I do environment stuff, but they're pretty fluid with titles/responsibilities around here so I get to do a bit of everything. (I'm doing some effects work right now! :P) Previously I worked at 38 Studios as a Principal Environment Artist which was the greatest place I've ever worked, and with some of the most insanely talented artists I've ever worked with.

Aaaaanyway, I've been feeling lately that it's been a while since I really felt or noticed any kind of improvement in my work. In fact things have been feeling pretty stale. After 38 Studios imploded I had a bit of depression and lost a lot of momentum as well as confidence in my work and it seemed to be the worst with my painting. I've managed to shake that and get back some of the confidence I had, but doing so has also made me aware that I hadn't been actively seeking improvement for a little while. Mostly because the people that I worked with were a constant source of inspiration of great critique. I even got to have some concepts I painted and levels I was principal on critiqued by Todd McFarlaine! So I'm looking to take hold of the reins again and drag myself up to whatever awaits. Looking forward to being involved with this community!

Messages In This Thread
'Ello! - by Cthogua - 03-07-2013, 09:20 AM
RE: 'Ello! - by Ros - 03-07-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: 'Ello! - by unlimitedbacon - 03-07-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: 'Ello! - by Cthogua - 03-23-2013, 05:18 AM