graphic storytelling studygroup
Thanks dude. Yeah I have been wrestling a little bit with this idea of needing a hero and an antagonist etc because it started as just a mood of the place and the plight of the tribe I wanted to explore and I almost just wanted a platform and excuse to do more cool landscapes haha. I do need to do and have done a bit of style exploration to nail the aesthetic. I figure the desert itself will be the antagonist, it doesn't have to literally be a moustache twirling bad guy. The other thing is that I'm doing this more to see if I can complete a fairly involved process that includes writing and illustration, to explore a theme, so tbh I almost don't care about the reader. It sounds totally wrong, cuz obviously that's the main focus to bring readers through the journey, but I'm also very aware that a lot of people put their entire soul into their first comic and stress out to hell and back, and realistically, your first ever comic is most likely to be your worst, so I figure I won't stress out too much and just have fun for the most part.

I haven't mentioned the full story arc and premise, yet, because well, I feel it's pretty derivative an idea, and I don't want to put it down before I'm settled on it for real.

This is great, it is forcing me to think about it again. I think we can use this thread to keep tabs and bounce ideas get crit etc.Where are you at with scripting yourself?

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
graphic storytelling studygroup - by gangstershit - 04-11-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by Amit Dutta - 04-12-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by YOLOLEX - 04-14-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by YOLOLEX - 04-17-2013, 07:52 AM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by vices - 04-19-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by YOLOLEX - 04-20-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by YOLOLEX - 04-20-2013, 02:24 AM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by YOLOLEX - 04-20-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by YOLOLEX - 04-26-2013, 06:00 PM
RE: graphic storytelling studygroup - by Scorpion451 - 04-27-2013, 06:31 AM