Mayenla's Sketchbook, The Long Hard Road to Mediocrity.
So I finally got around to doing some watercolours! I had loads of fun with it, and I'm definitely going to do more... I don't know if I picked the best subject matter as shiny multi-coloured bugs was quite hard to try and depict. I bought myself a proper watercolour sketchpad (300gsm A5) so I'll be doing some more in there! I'm just waiting on a cheap colour pallet I bought off ebay to arrive so I can setup all my paints.

Also my partner found a life drawing class that is held each week and its only like 10minutes away, I was pretty stoked as we live a bit out in the bush and didn't expect there to be any. It's pretty expensive however so I won't go every week. It was so awesome to go to though.. it really made me realise how much I have to learn still!

I'm moving on from arm anatomy now, I think I'll do the torso next. I know all the muscles in the arm and their relative placements in the arm, oh which reminds me, my partner let me draw out the muscles over her arm which was a huge help in understanding them... Still, I find if quite hard to apply the knowledge in a drawing, I think this will now just come down to lots of practice, with that said, compared to before studying the arms I feel loads more confident, woo!

Now time for some pictures!

Watercolour drawings:

Life Drawing.. I was so stiff and not warmed up when I started (I missed the start so I didn't get to do the 30second gestures)

Anatomy & some more referenced figures:

This last page I did all from memory, just worked with my knowledge and tried to create some interesting poses... 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mayenla's Sketchbook, The Long Hard Road to Mediocrity. - by Mayenla - 09-13-2015, 08:08 AM