Sketchbook of Studies,Sketches and Ideas!
Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate it!
These past few days i've just been doing some traditional studies.. and i've been playing around a little with some sculpey. Which is why I havnt posted anything.

Anyways! I did this portrait-piece-practice.. I didnt really spend any time thinking about the character design or anything, I spent all my time on rendering and drawing.

I'm really only doing this piece for myself, but I'm REALLY stuck right now.. I'd like to know how to improve it but i'm at a point now where i dont know if i like the composition and i feel like the face isnt.. intense enough. i kinda want to make it pop more..

This was a pretty hard angle for me, still not as hard as an upwards-angle tho. I tried giving him darker skin, which I havnt done a lot.. I find it hard striking a balance in making darker skin with a good value-range.

Crits/paintovers are loved! Seeing how I can crop/repaint the composition better would be awesome! and maybe a hint on where I can improve the contrast or something to make it better.
If I get any crits I'll try and improve it and post it again!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sketchbook of Studies,Sketches and Ideas! - by CarlJonssonArt - 08-10-2013, 07:58 PM