kerm's SKitschbook - Please help by giving critique! Will be really appreciated!
Hi Kerm! Great works man, lots of dedication right here. I'm really impressed by all the life studies you did, I'm certain that they'll help you a lot, especially in terms of colours - I can already see it paying off in that last piece you did of the floating islands. It's definitely got that fantasy illustration vibe to it.

My crit for that would be you should try to push more of the perseptive depth a bit more. More overlapping shapes. Right now you have two islands in the midground kind of not overlapping but nearly touching each other. Now you've got some nice atmospheric and scale depth there, but I think it can be improved if you do more overlaps to really sell the idea that one object is in front of another.

One advice I have is to try to draw more with linework. Especially when doing things from imagination, it forces you to think a little more and really helps remove guess work and it actually gets quite tricky when you're trying to do a more detailed drawing as opposed to a quick loose sketch. I feel you can learn quite a lot from that.

I hope that was useful. All the best man, you're doing really great already!

Messages In This Thread
RE: kerm's SKitschbook - by kerm - 09-24-2013, 06:09 AM
RE: kerm's SKitschbook - by kerm - 09-27-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: kerm's SKitschbook - by Madzia - 09-29-2013, 04:27 AM
RE: kerm's SKitschbook - by kerm - 09-30-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: kerm's SKitschbook - Please help by giving critique! Will be really appreciated! - by LongJh - 10-30-2013, 12:19 PM