Minke's Sketchbook
Here's a piece I've been working on for a while (could have finished long ago if only I had more free time... been only able to work on it for 1-4 hours at a time). The character is missing only a few details/corrections but I still need to fix the composition in background - planning on making it somewhat wider and narrower and applying the rule of thirds. Colors will also need some tweaking once composition is set.

I'm pretty sure this weekend I'll have a good share of time to work on it and stream my work.[Image: PQFd9Oe.jpg]

PD: In case you're wondering, the background is on a layer on top of the character and the areas where the character is are masked off.
*edit: the arms here are extremely messed up (changed them already but still need some tweaks, hopefully might finish this painting this weekend).

A little fun piece I'm working on for fun. It comes from a quick little doodle I did on school notes. I was lining it for a warm-up but I really liked how it was coming out so I'm planning on fleshing it out and using it for an icon :D
[Image: kDp32aM.jpg]
rough idea

[Image: jbVAYov.jpg]
current progress

PD: background textures are self-made

A little sneak peek of my next digital piece. Not going to work more on it until I finish the elf one though - gotta go one at a time, else I get overwhelmed. Really like how the rough is so I decided I wanted to share it (alongside with my chosen character and composition thumbnails).

[Image: oiLDkNe.jpg]
All the little details are there for reference in a separate layer.

[Image: dlGFPFt.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Minke's Sketchbook - by kittenile - 09-23-2013, 08:27 AM
RE: Minke's Sketchbook - by kittenile - 09-23-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: Minke's Sketchbook - by kittenile - 09-28-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Minke's Sketchbook - by warmics - 10-02-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: Minke's Sketchbook - by Tygerson - 10-02-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: Minke's Sketchbook - by kittenile - 11-04-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: Minke's Sketchbook - by kittenile - 02-18-2014, 08:55 AM
RE: Minke's Sketchbook - by kittenile - 05-22-2014, 08:47 AM