Would you like to come up and see my etchings?
MAN you have done a TON of work! It's absolutely admirable! I can see the improvement all the way through. I'm gonna hold you up as inspiration for my own improvement!

Critique wise, the only thing I am wondering is that I see a lot of your work with a very thin pencil or pen outline and I'm just wondering if you have ever tried drawing really large with a very thick instrument like a brush pen or a charcoal stick or anything like that? I know for me it really helps me to understand form when I am drawing very large and using the charcoal to suggest planes- rather than drawing a complete contour. Also, have you ever heard of Anthony Ryder? He has an interesting method of drawing which includes enveloping the figure and then drawing down to it. http://www.tonyryder.com/a-book.htm It seems like you are attempting every way of drawing which is an incredibly smart thing to do, so I thought I'd mention it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Sean McCLain - 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM
RE: Would you like to come up and see my etchings? - by Jeanneillustrates - 01-19-2015, 03:17 PM