Notes: Boring Ol' Sketchbook of a Neophyte
Apparently, I've become a bit lazy to try to improve myself in the past. I've wanted to make up for it and try to relearn all the mistakes I did, so I will post my studies which you can never predict if it will go all the way... or get confused.

I do hope people are willing to tell me what my mistakes are cause I probably don't really know what I'm doing haha.

Here's my seemingly decent drawing which has most of the details I could muster in the past (a few years ago) Then at some point in HS, I kind of stopped. Devastated, very sad

[Image: Scan-001_zps526f1680.jpg]

I was an anime freak so I wanted to wash that out and you know, try to draw from life. I tried to draw my dog's legs, and it turned kind of porky, oh well. T__T There's also a spoon, a plate of hotdogs, 2 glass containers, an eraser, and my sleeping dog's face.

[Image: Scan-0012_zpsbe6c6565.jpg]

I've started studying The Barnstone Method DVD and also read The Practice and Science of Drawing (I must say, this book is pretty useful!).
Myron Barnstone discusses the terms he uses like the Golden Section, drawing's basic alphabet, and gets you to do drawings of bottles.

Which is I've only watched the first lessons CH. 1-7, Lesson 1 just recently.
Starting out a gesture drawing of bottles:
[Image: Scan-0013_zpscb1b0519.jpg]

Some notes (or should I say just a note?) of the lesson:
[Image: Scan-0017_zps99ff2150.jpg]

I'll keep this updated when I'm not too busy watching, drawing and reading this stuff. (My only purpose of creating this sketchbook lol ^__^)

I haven't posted some of my recent drawings cause I aim to focus my attention on the studies. If anyone has more info regarding the Barnstone Method, what I should be aware of, then please feel free to share.

Messages In This Thread
Notes: Boring Ol' Sketchbook of a Neophyte - by ApolOllipop - 12-18-2013, 10:17 AM