Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
Update time!

@Samszym: Thank you SO much! Your comment is REALLY helpful as well, thanks a ton, I can't stress it enough. Especially also the part where you talk about bravery. I sometimes have the feeling that I'm kind of blocked by stupid fears of all kind, which I also notice when I want to do something outside of the sketchbook - there are times when I really have a hard time to get started then. So it's good you remind of the courage just to go wild with the pencil! Also gonna have a look at those artists you mentioned and give that method a try sometime.

@Lyraina: Thank you so much! Glad you like my lines, I'm actually really passionate about lines :)

Now on to the new stuff; still busy but here's at least a bit. Started with the book from Hultgren on Animals. Copied some drawings from the book, went straight to the dog part then (my main interest right now), some dogs from photo ref and the cats are done from life (my little monster <3) Tried drawing figures & angles from imagination, continued a bit on the PacRim study and then a head from imagination. I think I'm understanding nose and eyes better but mouths...no. Also the colours, I'm always lacking contrast. The thing is, while I paint it looks okay, but when I close it and reopen it's basically all just one goop, argh....

[EDIT] I have no idea why but the attachments just don't work for me...

[Image: cs_06_by_cyprinusfox-d72vq4x.jpg]

[Image: cs_07_by_cyprinusfox-d72vpw8.jpg]

[Image: headjunk_by_cyprinusfox-d72vpqm.jpg]

[Image: pacrim2_by_cyprinusfox-d72vppq.jpg]

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: The journey is the reward! Sketchbook & Progess Log - by Cyprinus - 01-20-2014, 08:43 AM