Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
@matkaminski:

Wah, thank you so much! I'm happy you see it this way, because I'm always very blind concerning my own stuff, but I guess that's more or less the same with every artist.

Well, only a little, quick update today. I was pretty busy with an event at the weekend and I didn't have much time left for studies, plus my eyes needed some rest from staring at the screen.

On the other hand, today I thought about my schedule again. Last time I rearranged everything I thought that I'd like to keep a bit more loose, but obviously this led to...well not my desired results. My first thought today was about priorities though and what I'd really like to get better at. In my first post I said "basically everything", and that's still true, but yeah, my main interest is and will always be the human figure, I think. So that's it for now, I place my priority on figure drawing and anatomy for a few weeks now. Before I had the feeling I studies a little here and there, a bit this and that and somehow everything felt all over the place. I will still dedicate time to the other fields, but hopefully setting a priority will help me get some clarity. In the end, I can still adjust my schedule in case I notice it doesn't work out, but I just want to try this for now.

So basically I want to deepen my knowledge about anatomy, proportion and get out of my comfort-zone with more dynamic poses, foreshortening, different body types...the list goes on. I will study a certain topic for at least a week (or better 5 days according to my schedule) in a row, but I guess even a little longer. Starting with 1. head/portrait, 2. torso/back 3. arms 4. legs. 5. hands&feet I will do anatomical studies of the bones and muscles, but also photo studies. I will do gestures everyday and also application of what I learned. Drawing full body figures every day as well. This will be the plan for the weekdays, I hope I can find a decent amount of time every week to study. For the weekends I want to focus on backgrounds fully one day, and the other day I keep as a "loose" day for other studies in different fields...well. I just want to get better with my anatomy and poses it just bothers me so much grmbl. Starting this with next week.

Anyway sorry for the long text wall I just want to use my sketchbook to keep track of studies and thoughts as well...and now I just dump my stuff and I'm off.

[Image: random_hamtpon_by_cyprinusfox-d7ibr2j.jpg]

[Image: lifedrawing_19_2014_by_cyprinusfox-d7ibr2z.jpg]

[Image: studies_by_cyprinusfox-d7i6vzg.jpg]

Oh, one question though: Where do you guys get your images for your studies and stuff? So far I've mostly used dA stock and morguefile...just curious if there's something else out there I'm missing? I'm very hesitant to just randomly use google image search.

I'm always open for advice on studying and schedules as well (:

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward! - by Cyprinus - 05-15-2014, 12:29 AM