Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
rafa - man, thanks for your kind words! It's always very consoling to hear that you're not alone and others feel the same. I guess sticking to what one really likes is the almost the only way to find your truly unique way, I mean, if not you're always only a mix of what you think what others want to see and stuff

Jaik - thanks so much!! I really like your idea of separating my stuff like this, I just have to see how it works out. Right now I just have a small laptop and the size of the my monitor is driving me insane (I guess digital would also be more fun if I had better equipment in terms of PC) I'll just see how everything goes (:

Zombiechinchilla - thanks, glad you like them! It's tricky to use them at life drawing but for me it's more fun than anything else somehow.

Hypnagogic_Haze - yes, I have! I actually practice meditation already. I'm afraid tho that recently I haven't been very consistent with it, ironically, the times where I'm busy and where I need it the most I just can't find the time to squeeze those ten minutes in. There was a time where I used to meditate daily and it had such a positive impact on my life, and I was really kind of mad at myself that I didn't keep this habit up. Many thanks for bringing this up again because it severely strengthens my resolve to get into my daily habit again! (:

Clockodile - Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the lightning on the ACEO because I desperately wanted to try out a different lightning situation, glad it somehow worked so well already.

Thank you also for sharing your thoughts and views on the topic as well. I agree with you on everything. I guess sometimes I'm still a bit unsure on what field I'd like to work in, I mean, there are a ton of things I'd like to try out, but yeah. Originally I wanted to be a comic artist, but the fact that I rarely draw pages but rather illustrations might be speaking for itself. I'll just focus on improving and I'm sure that some of my other questions will become more clear.

Okay guys, I already feel so stupid for whining like that, and now I'm so done with it. I don't want to be known as the ranting artist here.

Just gonna dump what I did today. Ironically, as if life wanted to tease me and my resolve to work more traditionally, Clip Studio Paint was on sale the weekend and I couldn't resist the temptation.

My first digital gestures....

[Image: pc_gestures_001_by_cyprinusfox-d7si820.jpg]

Hampton Studies, digital

[Image: pc_hamtpon_01_by_cyprinusfox-d7si81u.jpg]

[Image: pc_hamtpon_02_by_cyprinusfox-d7si81q.jpg]

The left one is from ref, the others from imagination. I think I will do a lot more of these along the hampton studies in order to truly understand the construction...I think I have the basics of the basics down, but the fine tuning needs so much work

[Image: pc_scribbles_01_by_cyprinusfox-d7si81j.jpg]

And two watercolour portrait, left is from reference, right from imagination.

[Image: watercolour_heads_by_cyprinusfox-d7si810.jpg]

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward! - by Cyprinus - 07-28-2014, 05:18 AM