Introducing /r/CommercialArt
(01-15-2014, 02:38 AM)Fable74 Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 02:24 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: I think there is a little misundestanding here, maybe the way you posted this wasnt perfect, and we were a little too belligerent about it.

Could be that, I'm in no way experienced with communicating things like this. I'm just a random young guy who decided to fill the gap on Reddit for this industry. Games have a big subreddit, so do movies and books so why not commercial art? I figured if it's done correctly, it could become as big as those.

(01-15-2014, 02:29 AM)Doolio Wrote: I probably wouldn't have the time to contribute even if it was some site with my name written on it, but I don't see it as something that can "take over" or ruin the forums or anything like that. At best, it could be useful and informative and at worst, it could be like the thread never happened.
It's up to you to contribute, or just watch or simply evade the thread whatsoever.

Most people on Reddit never contribute with posts or comments and only "lurk", I would even say it's more than 95%. It's more about consuming, of course you have to make sure that what you consume is not just a waste of time and I'll make sure this won't.

Couple things here:

1) There ARE places on reddit for commercial art (and those serious about art). One has to understand that /r/games is an anomoly formed from an actual lack of one of it's kind when it was formed a couple years ago AND is a much more pleasant and heavily moderated alternative to /r/gaming (and /r/gamingnews and /r/gamernews. They all suck). It's a community within a community making it work.

The reason why the other commercial art subreddits don't quite work is that a) the communties are much much smaller and work toward a specific subject or fandom or b) they have all information they need and/or the main person contributing to the subreddit prefers to contribute on their own site and/or are seldom active.

2) To that end, CrimsonDaggers is something else entirely. We're our own small community with our own style of doing things. While there's nothing wrong with trying to form something on reddit (again) we're not really the first people you should consider.

That's why it feels like pointing such out to us feels like spam. For the most part Daggers works for what we need it for.

Personally I'm all for making the reddit work (it would be nice to have a central place for things like art podscasts to be posted and to have our own scene news, instead of talking in the general forums on here and on CA.org), BUT this does feel redundant.

Messages In This Thread
Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-14-2014, 07:25 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Psychotime - 01-14-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Doolio - 01-14-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Psychotime - 01-15-2014, 01:09 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-15-2014, 02:16 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Doolio - 01-15-2014, 02:29 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-15-2014, 02:38 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Tyrus - 01-15-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-15-2014, 06:28 PM