Self taught concept art/design pathway
Hi and welcome to the forum eru. I see you haven't posted up any work in a sketchbook or such yet so im going to take the fact you have done 1 year and 3d sculpting and assume you aren't starting from scratch, that being said 1 year is a short amount of time to be able to get to a professional level of quality with your work especially if you are working full time.

However I think you are in the right community if you want to grow and progress rapidly, I would also suggest starting sketchbook here and on other forums (cghub etc) where you can get a lot of valid feedback from really good artists.

School is an expensive way to go to break into the industry and a lot of people (myself included) would like to go but just can't afford it, but there are many self taught artists (dave rapoza, brad rigneyetc) that have managed it so it is an attainable goal and will just take a lot of dedication.

That all being said 1 year is still a short period of time to get to that level but I haven't seen your work so you could already be on your way.

Anyway to answer your question IMO self taught artists can be just as successful as those who went to school.

Messages In This Thread
Self taught concept art/design pathway - by eru - 01-24-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Self taught concept art/design pathway - by JonHop - 01-24-2014, 09:50 PM