Scanners
Checked search and some pages to make sure this question hasn't been asked. I hope. I'm completely new so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask too.

I'm looking for an affordable decent scanner to upload my sketchbook and other works to be "colored/inked" in Photoshop. I guess a few questions come from this.

Do you guys use/like scanners?
If so,
What kinds do you like the best, and would suggest? (Flatbeds, mobile etc.)

I'm putting to consideration of dimensions of the scanned pieces without the images appearing warped because it was improperly scanned or such.

Is it an acceptable approach to completing works professionally?
I guess I'm just thinking about how well the resolutions translate to Photoshop as well as the final outcome of the products. Like a marriage of traditional and digital approaches.

My plans involving scanner use would be for journaling/sketchbook updates with my biggest sketchbook being 9x12. Future uses would be for scanning rough sketches to clean up in Photoshop for webcomics/graphic novels. I would like to be flexible to accommodate bigger paper sizes potentially.

I guess now that I think about it, Adam Hughes uses gradient graytone copic markers for value and then adds the color in Photoshop as well. I have no idea though how big his pages are or how big his scanner would be. Hence my questions and some kind of guideline. The last question could be more of an opinion or viewpoint on such methods, so it's not as important as the initial one involving the type and size of scanners.

七転び八起き -"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
| My Personality | My dA (In progress) |

Messages In This Thread
Scanners - by Lastboy - 03-07-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: Scanners - by Amit Dutta - 03-07-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Scanners - by Lastboy - 03-08-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: Scanners - by Amit Dutta - 03-08-2014, 06:16 AM
RE: Scanners - by Lastboy - 03-08-2014, 11:47 AM