please help me with some critique on this
Heya, just a quick point; I think you struggle a lot with understanding how to construct a good perspective grid. This is fundamental to environment design, but especially to architecture. If you don't know how I recommend looking up resources for how to construct 1, 2 and 3 point grids properly.
I recommend you don't go for a distorted FOV (Field of View) like you would get with wide angle camera lenses. To be blunt, you don't have the knowledge to pull it off with construction methods yet. Just do a simple 3 point grid.

Also if you are having issues with scale or perspective or anything....always always use reference. Don't suffer through trying to figure out something you haven't done before and expect it to come naturally out of your head.

Quick google search of "colloseum" . Use the perspective and scale cues of the reference as a base plate or to reverse engineer your own viewpoint. There's no 'cheating' in that.

[Image: colosseum-2%5Bbig%5D.jpg]
[Image: rome_colosseum.jpg]
[Image: 8835415-colosseum-roman-architecture.jpg]

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: please help me with some critique on this - by Amit Dutta - 04-08-2014, 11:36 AM