JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Hobitt Thanks man and yea I should do some structure stuff too - so much stuff to draw and so little time ¬_¬ sometimes I wish I could do without sleep XD but in the next few months sometime I'll go through all the Hampton stuff again and will probably go hardcore construction for a month then.

Since I felt my figure drawing really improve since I've been doing daily sessions with the brushpen, I thought I'll try to apply that to other areas too. So my challenge for the foreseeable future (at least til the end of March) is to do: 30 mins timed figure drawing from reference, 30 mins figure drawing from imagination and 30 minutes timed head drawing from reference. I'll only use the brushpen since it removes the possibility of spending too long on one figure (especially for the imagination ones).

Here's day one:

From reference, didn't feel so hot today:
[Image: QeJ1rP1.jpg]
[Image: trurpe1.jpg]

From imagination, this is a skill that needs some serious attentions
[Image: 9V6UDNL.jpg]

Heads from reference
[Image: DvhMqNa.jpg]
[Image: 7JGqmPL.jpg]

It feels nice to practice like this, since I can just 'do it' and not hurt my head thinking too much about what I'm drawing and the consistent efforts and observation / visualisation practice will make me improve!

Lastly some mountains for Mariyan's material study group (my digital painting is weak, but I'll poke that bear another day)
[Image: 9UHjt3E.jpg]

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 02-14-2016, 02:22 AM