Do you sit down a read, y'know, stuff on paper?
(05-12-2014, 09:38 AM)meat Wrote: "...something you are pretty sure you'll like cover to cover..." Well, ahem, somehow, by now, it's gone from a whole lot of things when I was a kid, down to mostly boobs. I hate growing up.

The process of growing up in the current education system may have beaten it out of you a bit. Many of the things that are of great value that we do as kids, natural openess and inquisitiveness, get minimized and reduced by iterating them through a list of banal hoops that one has to jump through in order to "get into a profession" and become a productive conditioned "employable" member of society.
Inquisitiveness, Creativity, free exploration, uncensored thought are all things we used to do naturally as children but eventually get beaten out of us by the pressure to fit within a particular mold and on a pre-defined track. It is quite a debilitating thing to go through.

Maybe you could reread some of the things that used to excite you as a kid and see if that jogs your inner child? Or maybe we need a reading intervention for you, where we assign you a book and you have to read it within a week :) I totally believe you can bring your natural childlike self back...it probably hasn't really been beaten out, but buried.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you sit down a read, y'know, stuff on paper? - by Amit Dutta - 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM