How do you do your gesture practice?
No need to apologise for a long answer; you took time and care to write it we can't bemoan the short time it takes to read it!

Thanks for all the information too; china markers eh? I hadn't heard of them! Gonna look into them as they sound my kind of thing.

I totally empathise with you too, with my little two year old running around sometimes gestures is all I get to do, I just leave my pens and paper ready with the slideshow running and whenever I get a few minutes of peace I do a few gestures. As a result I've totally fallen in love with them and really wanna push this skill and make gestures that capture the pose but are beautiful to look at too. I recently bought Ryan Woodward's book "Gesture's Volume 3" which is a real inspiration. I guess I aspire to do stuff like that. (Plus I think my 'drawing stamina' is pretty low, being able to create something beautiful in 10 - 15 minutes max is a great prospect for me).

If you haven't seen his animation, check out Thought of you - it moved me to tears the first time I watched it.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you do your gesture practice? - by JyonnyNovice - 07-13-2014, 07:17 AM