|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Couple of "thinking nights", not so much practice, and moore trying to figure out what makes something appealing be that way.

I've basically been doing quite a few of these, studies of the palettes from guys I like like Kolesov, Mccoy, Bumskee, etc. I basically color pick the main colors and analize their properties, how their hue, value or saturation influence the way they're perceived and the most prominent "base tones" basically the ones you can use when you don't want an area to be too dominant, etc. learning quite alot, but it takes tons of focus. I think I'll be doing more of these:

A sample based on Mccoy's awesome stuff
[Image: Palettestudy001.jpg]

A speedpainting that was all but fast, basically repainted many times to see what would work etc, also helped me realise how much work I still need in foreshortening and proportions , gonna do some of those real soon:
[Image: SpeeppaintStudy001withtweaks.jpg]

Exercise from Ctrl+paint:
[Image: ctrlaltpractice001.jpg]

And a "portrait" I did of my best friend, trying to make him look more badass than he his by outting him into a "warrior" type of deal costume and setting, took like 4 hours or so ( yeah, I'm slow as fuck):
[Image: MelonWarrior.jpg]

Anyway, hope everyone is inspired and woking hard, cause I'm slacking a bit more than I should, so KICK MY ASS and get me back into intense mode :D

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-01-2014, 09:09 PM