|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Rafa: Haha yeah man celtic style for the win! the other one looked too cliché so I thought it would be better to simplify the design and go for a more "fo real" kind of deal haha. Thanks a lot for all the feedback , it has saved my life for real! I took your advice and designed the painting with green and some brown, and a few touches of red and greenish blue here and there to spice it up. The thumbnails idea is pretty rad too, I'll try that out soon, although I'm probably gonna try studying Sergei Kolesov (Peleng) he's by far my favorite painter and I so want to steal his incredibly awesome skill! xD I gave them a try a few months back and it was incredibly hard to mimic his super simplistic comps. If you don't know this guy check him out, even if you don't go for that style it's too awesome to pass :D And this Jesper Fella....TOO AWESOME! Really cool stuff, I like the stuff for Magic the best, there are some incredible comps in there and the way he handles color is pretty impressive too! Great to have a hardworking pal around to give me great feedback and to help each other man, thanks for all of your feedback, it motivates me a lot to push myself! :D

clockodile: Ohh man, the power cuts, THE GODAMNED POWER CUTS!!! >_< You're lucky though, cause getting public workers to actually do what they're getting paid for in Panama is harder than becoming Kim Jung Gi in a week lol. Great suggestion about making a setup for the still lifes, I'll try that soon, it totally pays off to take some time to prepare something interesting that way it's easier to stick with it for hours without wanting to do a blowjob to a 9mm xD Also great idea about the covers thing, I tend to overlook that stuff but indeed there's some quality work in those, I'll have to give it a try when I'm done with this "block" of content I'm on right now. And BTW: UPDATE YOUR SB ALREADY!!! We're all waiting man! Don't let us down! :D Thanks for the mindfull feedback man, as always really helpfull!

Soooo had a couple bussy nights. Here we go:

Reworked the druid painting from scratch ( it was a fucking pain in the ass and helped me realise how TOTALLY LAME I am at color and how much value work I need to do still) I ended up with this, which I color balanced after finishing to get it more muddy feeling:
[Image: Druidfromscratchcolorbalanced.jpg]

The original without any tweaks whatsoever, which one you prefer?:
[Image: Druidfromscratchnocolorbalance.jpg]

Also an incredibly lame selfportrait from a pic I had, used only a hard textured brush from Kolesov , the result is lame, but it taught me a lot about face structure and colors:
[Image: Sp002.jpg]

Also, an experiment to loosen up, took about 45 mins or so, again two choices,first the filtered one ( my values where not reading properly so I had to do it to get a somehow decent picture, although it sucks):
[Image: Experiment001withtweaks.jpg]

And unaltered, as you can see I go to extremes when working with value if I have to do it "fast", either too much midtones or too much blacks, trying to find a balance :P

[Image: Experiment001.jpg]

A really lame enviro study ( trying to start with enviros just so my characters don't stand in the middle of nowhere)
[Image: EnviroStudy001.jpg]

And a rough comp that I was gonna refine a bit before uploading it, but my laptop overheated and decided to crash, so it'll have to be for tomorrow. This one, I really like, but I'll probably fuck up during the rendering, anyway:
[Image: comp.jpg]

Did some sketches on pencil too, but I'll wait till I have more and I'll upload them in a few days.
That's all for these couple days folks! ;)

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-06-2014, 09:38 PM