|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Weird times lately. I'm feeling frustrated ( as usual) as fuck, working on the CHOW painting and the latest attempts and studies have really showed me that I have no real approach to work with values, neither a good understanding of correlations, simplification, speed, etc.

So I've been quite stagnate these last couple days, that, plus a ton of stress at home due to diferent shit has really affected my performance. So basically I've decided to stop working on the CHOW painting for a few days and study stuff that will help me get it to a somehow decent finish.

I'm becoming more and more obsessed over my face construction skills ( which are non-existent) and I'll be hardcore focusing on that as long as it takes until I feel I'm fairly comfortable with that. Anyway, tons more of pointless shit in my mind, finding tons of mistakes and really trying to figure this shit out.

Figures form mind ( about 2 minutes) to warm up:
[Image: IMG-3.jpg]

Gestures: ( 60 sec limit this time, super lame cause I stressed and failed)

[Image: IMG_0003-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0002-2.jpg]

Followed ImSkeptical's advise and tried some value studies trying to simplify and working with 3-4 values, the problem is that I use pressure sensitivity and thus in the end there's a fuckton more of them, next time I'm gonna avoid using that:
[Image: valuestudy008.jpg]

An experiment trying to work on low contrast and no oclussion, turned out shit, but learned a few things:
[Image: application001.jpg]

Edit: Forgot to post the "sitting on the shitter" sketches:
[Image: IMG_0001-1.jpg]

And to finish today something more loose I did , took about 20 mins. basically another experiment, gonna do tons of these to see if I figure out wtf I'm doing wrong:
[Image: sketch005.jpg]

Anyway, a shit update, but sometimes you need to fail hard for a good while till you understand what to fix and how to do it. Take care folks!

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-20-2014, 10:18 PM