Super Group of Challenges and Wonders
H O R R O R - G A M E - P I T C H

The "5 Week IP Challenge" has fallen upon us! Basically the idea to go into crush-mode and visual explore a world/idea/game! >:D
We're suggesting a template of "Horror Game-Pitch" ...but the concept is pretty open and to work on an ip to develop a consistent working series of linked pieces within the given time frame. I think it would be cool to also use this as a platform to showcase and apply some of our ::studies::!
encouraged:
-ditch vanilla ideas and push the concepts not immediately apparent
-support, encourage, harass, and constructively critique each other
-experiment, try, fail, and overcome
-post on time bitches! ;D

to quote an exhumed thread:
"this is here to educate ourselves, it will go something like this:
A: The projects will be set-up with a goal in mind, specific or loose depending on the general idea and lesson in mind.
B: Do the project and create a dialogue of what you did and why. (Try and think about this while you do the project, this is important; we will be better able to learn from each other as well as catch each other's mistakes.)
C: The Dialogue will be analysed by your peers; (Right or wrong, the idea is to have a reason why and explain it. I think this will be key )
D: And of course at the same time peer critiques will be offered. (Pretty simple no?)
E: You shouldn't have to spend a large amount of time on this however spend as much time as you need, give it your best.
F. All Projects/Exercises are of course optional, have no order, and are always open to participation. Start wherever and whenever you want!
G. People who are too embarassed to post their results will be shot on sight, you're here to learn not to show off."

::FULL PROJECT DUE 10.7.14!::
--------------------------------------

Week 1: **due Sunday 9.7.14**
Main Character
Weapon
Melee Enemy

Week 2: **due Sunday 9.14.14**
Antagonist/Villain
Creature
Villain environment

Week 3: **due Sunday 9.21.14**
Main character’s environment
Supporting Character I
Prop Design I

Week 4: **due Sunday 9.28.14**
Outdoor Environment
Ranged Enemy
Supporting Character II

Week 5: **due Sunday 10.5.14**
Interior environment
Prop design II
Mount/Transportation
Presentation sheet, marketing pitch, or website **due Sunday 10.7.14**

This is certainly an experiment and can be changed to suite our needs as we go along to maximize the efficiency of the group dynamic, so if you have comments, questions, or critiques bout how things are going,make sure you right them down, pm me, so we can remember when we're out of the thick of it and hopefully do it again! :D
Good luck gents!

**If you catch this post late, no worries! -feel free to hop in whenever!**

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Group of Challenges and Wonders - by Heliux - 09-05-2014, 10:54 AM