Super Group of Challenges and Wonders
Not completed to the degree I'd like, but its cool; teaches me to manage my time better for the upcoming weeks. I'll try to work in some time for refinement on the pieces as well as a some time to rework some of the concepts and maybe do some 3/4 line drawings.

Main Character:
Part of my intention was to work out the design in a bit more dramatic lighting. I'm still really focused on values and setting up proper lighting scenarios. Definitely some cues taken from Anthony Jones. Worked from my original design, :here:
[Image: 15071551861_52d2401ebb_b.jpg]

Weapon Concept Exploration:
With this one the idea was to have this bracer that had a nebulous ink-blot type effect that you could attack people with. It wasn't clear enough with just the bracer, so I made some single framed silhouettes to explore what I had in mind. Mike086 commented that the dessign should have exhauastabe ammo, which makes sense to me, or it would be too op; hence, interchangeable cartridges.
[Image: 14964652580_dce728a20c_c.jpg]

[Image: 15151973595_5973fdb2af_c.jpg]

Melee Exploration:
With the melee character I wanted some sort of brass/bronze exoskeleton with a organic translucent creature riding inside. not the most original, but arriving at some interesting shapes I can work with in later designs.
[Image: 14989459749_a9e17a3f46_b.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Group of Challenges and Wonders - by Heliux - 09-08-2014, 05:41 PM