Dasia's Sketchbook- because university isn't tough enough
Wink 
Went to the books-a-million in a nearby mall just scouting for whatever artbooks I could find, and by chance I found a book called "Animals: real and imagined" by none other than Terryl Whitlach. Now before I found this book, I had no clue who she was. But BOY was this the best By chance finding I could've ever had the pleasure of having Insane, ecstatic
The book includes both her imagined animals and her methods of studying the real animals that inspired them, and I can't wait to get my hands on her other book!
One thing that stuck out to me the most was her mention of using.....
TRACING PAPER!?
She mentioned drawing the bones and then placing tracing paper over top of that and drawing the muscles, then doing it again for the surface anatomy and I just...facepalmed because that seems like such a good idea XD So I took that technique and put my own spin on it.

Thus started Dasia's book of knowledge- a book where I dig a bit deeper into the anatomy of things with actual precision (sorta, i've never been one to study bones and i just started muscles this year, but it's actually fun!)

[Image: 15328799220_dddd9e64a6_b.jpg]
[Image: 15328663479_0d5fb215a1_b.jpg]
[Image: 15328906878_fe49be9943_b.jpg]
[Image: 15328838720_15d537fbb7_b.jpg]
[Image: 15492417216_7e27dff939_b.jpg]
[Image: 15512434241_2406c4b8a8_b.jpg]

Sorry for the REALLY crappy quality. Sad I had to take pics because the sketchbook I ended up getting recently is STILL too big to fit in my scanner haha
Also now i'm..stumped? Well not really stumped but wondering where to go next. The next logical step would be to practice, right? So i suppose i should do that. But I don't want to keep spinning my wheels on the same subject.
Maybe I should do practice on what i've learned while also learning something else? (maybe digital or an animal or something?)
yeah i'll do that XD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dasia's Sketchbook- because university isn't tough enough - by dmdoodles - 10-13-2014, 02:35 AM