idea generation resources?
Not a blog post or podcast, but perhaps my personal experience is helpful anyway:

There is no web resource to cure aimlessness. The thing with the web is, it is a great resource if you already know pretty well what you are looking for. But if you are looking for something that you can't quite describe yet, the web has a tendency to be a black hole that sucks away your time without returning anything.

The best way to generate ideas is to start something and stick with it. Choosing a project you want to invest time and effort in can be daunting - at least it is to me. I always feel overwhelmed with the sheer endless possibilities I have.

The best advice I can give you is to brainstorm with another human being. The process of back and forth idea generation and the personal feedback is something that technology can't substitute (at least not yet?).

Also it helps me (I think) to separate idea generation from sketching to a certain extend, at least when I want to learn something new: If I am doodling, I only draw what I already know how to draw, so I tend to stay deep inside my comfort zone with the ideas I generate. On the other hand, if I generate ideas in writing, I tend to come up with ideas for things I don't know how to draw yet. From those ideas I can derive areas where I need to study and improve before I can execute the idea.

Messages In This Thread
idea generation resources? - by karipaints - 11-20-2014, 08:26 PM
RE: idea generation resources? - by DK - 11-21-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: idea generation resources? - by karipaints - 11-21-2014, 06:58 PM
RE: idea generation resources? - by Chris P - 11-22-2014, 04:38 AM
RE: idea generation resources? - by Amit Dutta - 11-22-2014, 05:01 AM
RE: idea generation resources? - by Adam Lina - 11-22-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: idea generation resources? - by karipaints - 11-22-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: idea generation resources? - by Chris P - 11-22-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: idea generation resources? - by Amit Dutta - 11-24-2014, 06:51 PM