learning illustration from the beginning
Big Grin 
Thank you so much for checking out my sketchbook, Minksy!  Insane, ecstatic I appreciate the encouragement.

Here is a small sampling of assignments from a traditional pen and ink class I took last summer online at CGMA (highly recommended the school, their instructors are so helpful and talented): 

I learned so much from the instructor. The class pushed me to speed up my sketching and capture the essence of the form and texture of the subject, instead of getting tangled up in the details.

My digital art has slowly been improving. xD Trying to understand how to do line work on a tablet:

Messing around with colouring, which I don't grasp yet.  Grin I need to keep doing black and white studies to understand value first. 

Like this one, which isn't done yet.

^I keep working on ctrl+paint lessons.
Loooomis.

This portrait is of one of my friends, and I'd like to try adding colour once the value is finished, cause I'm ambitious like that and apparently enjoy failure.  X-smile Will post how it goes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: learning illustration from the beginning - by auroraborealis - 02-23-2016, 05:10 PM