Angel of death sci fi paintover please!
Hey man, good luck on your application. I don't have the time to do a paintover for ya, but I think you will benefit from workflow tips more it sounds like. Check out this link, about half way down, there is a good explanation of process steps for this kind of style. It is REALLY useful and might help you.

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3355

Basically you want to layer lock the base silhouette, and then flat paint your local colours on individual layers as clipping masks, using a different one for each material type/specific area you want to be able to select / change later on. Then you use an overall multiply layer for the shadows and a screen or linear dodge layer for the highlights. That way everything is distinctly accessible and easily manipulated. You can do a few iterations real quick just by duplicating the whole setup and colour balancing the layers, adding refinement details and even changing the light and shadow areas if you wish.

Oh and if you're going to do wings, it's probably better to have all the lineart done before you start rendering I would say, just for efficiency.
Hope it helps

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Angel of death sci fi paintover please! - by Amit Dutta - 02-11-2015, 04:23 AM