Are art forums nearing extinction
Nah man your english is fine. I've read much worse and still understand it, and theres really no way to know that you're dyslexic by reading your post either lol. The guys on Level up! all had thick accents and terrible mics and people still value their opinions. You have the advantage of being able to take your time and type it out, use it!

I'm personally not too keen on points systems. To me they don't really mean anything and don't encourage the right kind of behaviour. It's interesting that they give out points for certain actions rather than let other users give out points like we do here on CD; if that would really be the only way to do it then perhaps a mixture of both could be good, some for actions, others from the users. Then again most people like incentives like that, I fairly certain I'm in the minority who don't care about that kind of thing.

I do like the idea of an introduction video explaining why its important to participate and how to give a critique. In my opinion that would do a better job than using rewards, since then people will likely start doing things for the rewards rather than give thoughtful feedback. You might not get as many raw numbers but you will get better feedback by encouraging good form.

Also, this is a bit controversial, but charging a tiny amount to become a member is another way. Not to make money or anything and not for greed reasons but when things are free people are far less likely to be engaged with it. They haven't invested anything into it so theres no loss if they decide to bug off. In a way you weed out the people that wouldn't commit. I can speak from experience about this too, I have several hours of free gumroads I've yet to watch for that reason exactly. In every other sense though charging so people can gain access to a community is pretty lame

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Patrick Gaumond - 03-12-2015, 11:56 PM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Farvus - 06-02-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by DK - 06-04-2015, 03:05 AM
RE: Are art forums nearing extinction - by Jeso - 06-04-2015, 07:21 AM