Failure
Look through the stuff you did when you started out, it is worse than the stuff you have now, you have improved through the failures and succeses.
When I get stuck and cant figure out what is wrong in a piece, I leave it as it is.
I move on and look at the masters, good examples are Jaime Jones, Craig Mullins, Rembrandt etc
Analyse these masters, study their methods, what colors they use.
Also if look at videos of good artists working, they can sometimes help a lot.
Even when working on personal pieces, gather up some paintings from the masters that you like. I remember having drawn in an acceptable lineart, but when I got to painting my skin tones were all dull and some colors were wrong. I got a reference from one of Freuds paintings, I was able to push my painting to a new level thanks to it.

Do 10 digital still lives, spend 4+ hours on each, get a good lighting setup and juicy red apples!

Like patrick said, experiment. Recently my brushes got reset and I started using a new set of brushes I was somewhat uncomfortable at first, but as time went on It actually helped me improve.

Look at life and yourself in a positive light, self loathing can lead to depression which can seriously hamper your productivity. Sometimes its best just to be grateful to the small things, you got a place to live, food and water.

Perhaps videos in this channel may be of some use, theres some Marco Djurdjevic and Craig Mullins´ videos there too http://vk.com/videos1760769

Im by no means a good advice giver, but you are my friend and I want to help you.

Messages In This Thread
Failure - by Adrian - 03-21-2015, 11:31 PM
RE: Failure - by Patrick Gaumond - 03-22-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: Failure - by crackedskull - 03-22-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: Failure - by Amit Dutta - 03-22-2015, 07:44 AM
RE: Failure - by Triggerpigking - 03-23-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: Failure - by Adrian - 03-23-2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Failure - by Amit Dutta - 03-23-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: Failure - by meat - 03-27-2015, 01:09 PM