What makes a good self-taught artist?
i agree with amit on the doing' aspect instead of the more methodological way of learning.
to add to that....
thing with art is , its purely visual' theres so much ways to go about drawing/painting.
so you cant really stick to a one method of drawing only , you make your own one.

its how someone approach this , "designing your own method" thing is on my opinion , what makes a good artist , be it , self taught or not.

ive seen so many artists , who i knew havent got to some educational institution , and make some awesome shit. my thought about that is they watch some tuts and compare their works with artists that they like. they imitate them , they copy their works. with enough time spent. theyll just gonna get what they needed from this "other artists" and ditch off what they aren't gonna need. now with the "tools" that they acquired , by imitating , practicing , and comparing. they can now in turn do their own stuff , doing those 3 things can be tedious at times. and that i think what makes a good artist do in order to stand out of the other artists.

Messages In This Thread
What makes a good self-taught artist? - by Vompt - 05-01-2015, 02:51 AM
RE: What makes a good self-taught artist? - by KurtJeremy - 05-05-2015, 03:09 AM