will work for critiques or tacquitos :D
Thanks so much for the encouragement guys. It's nice to be part of a community again even though I've only just kind of poked my head in. I hope to learn a lot and be of what help I can.

AngeliquevdMee: I'll finish it, I've already put like 9 hours into it so I might as well. It's on newsprint so I'll probably try and take it to like a Kinko's or something to make a print before it wrinkles and yellows too much. A friend of mine who's also a World of Warcraft player saw it and expressed a lot of enthusiasm about it so I'll probably give it to him as a gift. Thanks for the tip though, the wing is off too but I guess I could do a digital correction and then a print. Iunno :l

Thanks eliyah153, I'm gonna follow your critique and do a self portrait with some more contrast. I had wanted to do some studies of the planes of the head in preparation for this but I found out pretty quickly that my head construction fundamentals are fairly lacking. So I'm going back to the basics. I want to be better at drawing from my imagination.

I'll post some more stuff later today but this is what I've got for now; goin back to Loomis. I was struggling mentally with the orientation of the head but I realized that the gaze of the face isn't necessarily oriented to the equator of the sphere and it helped a bit. I'm still going to do more though as I'm still making some errors.

Fiddled around with the bulbasaur a bit, just kind of playing with stuff and trying to creep up on my values.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: will work for critiques or tacquitos :D - by Bearlaser - 05-29-2015, 10:01 PM