New Painting Tool. Colour Constructor!
I gave it a go briefly. It's a cool little tool. I like the ability to track a whole buncha local colours under the same lighting conditions and then tweak.
Because my personal preference with colour is to do it more intuitively on canvas, a tool like this as great as it is I'm not sure I would use very much in my process. Hard to say. I will have to give it a go with a painting soon and will post anything I do here for you.

Like Dennis said I think specularity and material would be a nice feature.
I found it a bit hard to imagine the final colour scheme given all the different little windows for each local colour. I almost wished that all the spheres were in one window, so I could really judge the effects in proximity. Like a little primitives scene.

One thing I think would be really useful if you could swing it, is a bit of reverse engineering. If you could load in any image, extract a pallette from selected areas easily in some way, we could then use it to do really easy iterations of the same scene under different conditions. That feature alone would be exceedingly useful.
Or perhaps a halfway stage would be to be able to load in a pre-done palette swatch and then work on objects built from within the swatch.
I think the thing that will make or break that, will be how easy it is for the user to set up.

Out of interest I don't know if you have seen this? http://www.zvork.fr/vls/
It's not what you are doing at all, but might be of interest. Ability to add multiple light sources. I thought it was a useful tool if a bit limited in terms of the models available.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Painting Tool. Colour Constructor! - by Amit Dutta - 07-01-2015, 10:18 PM