Vornag's Happy-Go-Funtime Turbo Ultra Resurrected Hopefully Trainwreck
Hello, I scrolled through your sketchbook and realized few things that can help you. If you want to get better in shortest amount of time, focus on fundamentals. You do mainly paintings from imagination. But there is one thing -  you cannot paint properly something from imagination,if you don't know how it looks. It's crucial to use references. You have painted a lot of armor but you probably don't understand how to paint reflective materials. The same thing with drapery, etc.
Try to observe how light interact with materials in real life, or better, paint some still lifes. Don't just copy shadows and lights, try to look around still life and realize how different angle of view will change it. You cannot paint metal, glass or any other reflective material as matte surface.

Yes, I'm so bad, but there isn't really another way how to get better than to do these studies. Yes, I know they are not always fun, but as soon you get into doing them you will get better much,much faster. And when you get, painting will become even more enjoyable. Guaranteed!

I don't want to be negative, I just want to help you.

On the other hand, your gestures looks great.

btw. If youre looking for some book, I will recommend you Color and Light by James Gurney

Keep going!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vornag's Happy-Go-Funtime Trainwreck - by Pavel - 02-02-2016, 09:04 AM