question about style
Ok so I agree with the others of course, "style" isn't something you create and decide on, it is something that you develop and come to as a result of just doing art for a while. To set out to be an artist like Zedig or whoever, seems to me to be a restriction that you don't want to apply to yourself before you even begin. Let yourself develop and have patience.

Studying art and building skills takes time; a long time. During that time your tastes may change, your ideas may change, your motivations may change. You cannot forsee this happening, so yeah, don't be concerned so much about style and how that relates to getting work.

I fully agree that the business side of art is important to also begin to learn and start to understand and look into alongside developing your art skilils. I don't think it is so important if you are early on in the game and all focused on fundamentals training, but it shouldn't be forgotten and definitely will be crucial when you get closer to getting jobs. It is probably a bit more immediately important for freelancers than for studio artists, but in general it does tend to be overlooked.
Noah is very far from a good role model for me as he leaves me with the general impression that I have just listened to a tv shopping channel show host, but I do concede that he has made it work for him by being smart about his content and his timing and approach. So there are some useful principles that can be learned. But anyway, don't worry about this too much now and certainly don't go thinking about becoming a man/woman of the people when it comes to art. Live your own journey.

Just start your studies, enjoy the journey and see where it takes you. You are entitled to, and can guarantee absolutely nothing in this life so don't worry so much and take things so seriously all the time either.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
question about style - by insbox - 07-16-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: question about style - by Adam Lina - 07-17-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: question about style - by insbox - 07-17-2015, 06:38 AM
RE: question about style - by smrr - 07-29-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: question about style - by insbox - 07-29-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: question about style - by Tristan Berndt - 07-31-2015, 12:13 AM
RE: question about style - by Amit Dutta - 07-31-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: question about style - by insbox - 07-31-2015, 05:28 PM