do you consider yourself an Introvert?
I'm introverted person and I did have problem socializing but I slowly got better at it with age and nowdays my shyness/social anxiety is barely there. I think organized vacation trips helped a little bit when I was younger and then later I got more open when studying architecture.

As for staying alone. Introversion is what made my the artist I am today. I spent a lot of time alone so my life was mixture of drawing, reading books, playing computer games and it all was good foundation for more serious learning art. Just like Punk-A-Cat I don't like unexpected phone calls or talking through the phone. I don't like talking with several people at once in big group. I don't like loud parties (how can you socialize in a night club when you barely hear your own voice?). If I am at the loud overcrowded party then I feel the urge to leave after maybe 2-3 hours.

At work unfortunately I have to sit with many people around and often some are walking behind my back but I almost got used to it. Headphones help a lot. 

Quote:second question, if youre an introvert , do you find it difficult to socialize ? or do you have any sort of strategies on striking a conversation with other people, especially the ones who has different interests?

I think the main thing that helped my strike the conversation with people who have different interests was expanding my interests. I was the type a teenager that was very narrow focused. I could only talk about computer games and nothing outside of that bubble. Unfortunately the propability that newly met person is a geek in my surrounding was always like 5% or maybe even less. But then as life went on I changed or was forced to change. You just need to try a little bit of everything. Read newspapers or some articles, try sports, hobbles, travel, live on your own, get to know your city better. In general be a more well rounded person.

If I don't know a person completely but we have something in common (like working in the same company) then I start a conversation related to our common background.
And then if someone is into subject or interest I have no idea about then I just ask questions and let him/her talk. If you show genuine interest in something about the other person then they will love to talk about it and sometime even appreciate that you asked.

Messages In This Thread
RE: do you consider yourself an Introvert? - by Farvus - 08-23-2015, 06:41 PM