do you consider yourself an Introvert?
It really depends, if I have to work on something new or complex (especially technique, or digging for a technique to make sense) that demands my full attention then it's better to have no one around, but if the person/people around me are working on a similar task (one that demands focus: drawing,reading,...) then I actually don't mind.

Working in the evening or at night is ideal and highly motivating because it seems take no effort to get inspired and/or focused. As much as I like it, I can only do so on rare occasions because practical reasons (work, kids, etc.) hinder it. I found it rather stressful and enervating while trying to find an alternative 'ideal', and I found it by letting go of it. 
It pushes me to try and make a challenge to work in different situations/locations, something each introvert/extrovert/in-between should at least try out a few times-see it as practice. Stressful environments can give you results you otherwise wouldn't have come up with,.... Provided if you start with the right mindset. And you'll get to know people/have conversations/etc. during the process while having to do little effort except for doing what you like. This includes people with different interests.
Easier said than done of course, but still much worth the try. 
I still can't study techniques in the railway station :-)
For example, a lot of musicians have to get past this in order to be successful, I guess it's more or less the same for any kind of artist in the long run. So I don't think it actually matters if you're an intro or extra or stuck in the middle. 
We've got to rid ourselves of those seemingly unchangeable things that we believe/like to attribute to be part of who we are. (I can hear the swell of violins on this one).
Or simply, get out of your mind :-)
But hey, I'm just a shrimp at art so don't mind me if you think "Listen to this idiot...!"
What do I know?

Messages In This Thread
RE: do you consider yourself an Introvert? - by MehdiVdC - 08-23-2015, 08:08 PM