"If you're not drawing 24/7, you aren't working hard enough"
I have to admit that I used to think that way too- if I just spend some free time on something that isn't drawing I will fall behind and never keep up with others. But after some time I realised that I'm only falling behind with myself. I used to paint +15 hours every day while going on college and traveling in bus for average 4 hours. So yes- I was barely sleeping and I would sleep on classes or bus. After some time I got seriously sick, and I thought it's only for some time but it got worse and worse to the moment I realised I can't get up from bed. Now I've been on heavy medication and therapies for months and my work got delayed so much.
During that time I realised that it's not aboutt how much hours you put in your work- but how much thought and concentration and will to learn something new you're going to put into that.
It's better to do 2 very good studies where you will sit down and think why is this like that and why is that like that - than do 30 studies and lose 30 hours on something you were just painting to be painted and not even understand what you're doing.
I also started reading a lot about color and other things, how old masters were keeping up with deadlines etc, how to make viewer think like he is seeing more while you're painting less.
Overall- take some healty time for yourself- listen to your body and try mixing your habits.
I'm using Habitica for my daily schedule and its good because it makes me do variety of things except for painting.

CD dA FM  MaL

Messages In This Thread
RE: "If you're not drawing 24/7, you aren't working hard enough" - by Toxicpanda - 11-04-2015, 07:17 PM