How to start practice art?
I think practicing and improving in art is a very individual process. Well-meaning people will tell you what you should do quite often, hoping that they're being helpful.

What I have found is that all of this advice people will give you is absolutely great-- Except that it depends on what you need. So, it's only helpful if you're at a stage where your brain is ready for it.

You'll get bombarded with great advice--

"You should really study anatomy", "You should study values", "You should do environment studies," "You should do personal imaginative pieces"-- etcetera, etcetera!

Then you get overwhelmed. "Holy crap-- I have so much that I need to do! Where do I start!?"

I think the first thing you need to do is: Define where it is you want to end up. Ask yourself-- "What do I want to do with this?"

Do you want to draw characters? Do you want to draw environments/landscapes? Do you want to draw animals?

No matter what you decide, learning to draw one subject will flow fairly seamlessly into another, but it's important to choose attainable, small goals to start with.

It's perfectly fine to decide, "I want to draw faces." Then you draw the human skull, you draw spheres, you draw boxes/cubes, you draw cones, you learn about how light falls on these objects by drawing the planes of the face, etc. You take your time, and you do your best. Draw it from memory, draw it from life, draw it from photographs. Take a sketchpad with you and draw when you're out.

Choose small goals that will direct you towards what you want to be doing with this skill.

Good luck! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!

Messages In This Thread
How to start practice art? - by Eyliana - 11-13-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: How to start practice art? - by Olooriel - 11-13-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: How to start practice art? - by Sloane - 12-06-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: How to start practice art? - by Bookend - 12-07-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: How to start practice art? - by Eyliana - 12-09-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: How to start practice art? - by KurtJeremy - 12-09-2015, 02:34 AM