Beyond 1-point perspective: How do I use this?
(03-01-2016, 04:06 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Also not an expert at perspective but even once you've develiped a sense of perspective i suggest work8ng on Focus as well. Many photographs or painted illustration will seem a bit 'larger than life' because everything is in focus. A human being has 90 degrees of vision but only really sees 60 degrees because anything outside that becomes a blurred mess. Working on depth of field as well as the above mentioned dostortion will help you create more realistic perspective.

Not really. The only time you will really experience an "out of focus" effect with your bare eyes is if you intentionally throw them out of focus or focus on something very close to you. Looking at something from a normal distance, there is no "Bokeh" effect going on and paintings that simulate that effect often look really awkward and phony unless they specificly mimick a photograph in style and detail. We focus on things not by throwing everything else out of focus through depth of field as a lense does, but by directing our attention to it. Best way to produce focus in painting is to lower the detail in areas that are "out of focus".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beyond 1-point perspective: How do I use this? - by ReneAigner - 03-11-2016, 07:36 AM