Writing, Drawing and What You're "Meant" To Do
(02-22-2016, 01:38 AM)ConSketch Wrote: I just want to write, or draw. I love both dearly, but I can't do both, because it simply exhausts me.

What I'm asking for is advice. How can I make up my mind? How can I find which art I truly hold close?

I am assuming right off the bat that this is a comic book career discussion! Where else can you find illustration and story gelled together nicely!

What I'm about to say is all conjecture, since I don't really know you that well, but it seems you're looking at a career choice of going either the writer route or the artist route.

If you are what you say, if you can only commit to one goal, instead of pigeonholing yourself to be an artist or a writer, have you thought about being a comic book creator instead? That's one, cohesive, singular goal right there.

I remember this comic book called 'Copra'. I have not had the chance to read it, but from what I heard, the story is exquisite. But, the art side, not so much to die for.

But, that book gave the creator a shot to write for Marvel comics.

I'd still say, do all of your hobbies! But, play to your strengths.

(02-22-2016, 01:38 AM)ConSketch Wrote: And you'd tell me to do both.

Which is great advice, but unfortunately, I can't wrap my head around it. I'm a very singular person, I have one drive, one goal, I'm just simply not good at doing multiple things.

It seems to me you have multiple drives. You can't really say that you love something if you do not have the drive for it. Unless, you know, you only *think* that you love something.

I have a question: is it really because of you can't commit to multiple goals, or you can't commit to one big goal that seems too hard to grasp?

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Writing, Drawing and What You're "Meant" To Do - by etenzero - 02-22-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: Writing, Drawing and What You're "Meant" To Do - by John - 02-22-2016, 08:59 PM