My "Dream Job" destroyed my life.
Thank you Amit!

I do wish I would've tried to express my concerns more clearly sooner (there's a million drafts in my inbox...), but I fear the time for this has pretty much passed and I need to be committed to moving on to better things now.

At this point I just don't really want to be involved anymore. I've developed an intense dislike for my boss and the whole situation in general and I just don't think that can be repaired, regardless of what changes he's willing to make. Even if he was willing to let me write a GDD and control the whole thing. But who knows. I have a feeling he will very much want me to stay and I'm very nervous about the conversation we'll undoubtedly have after I submit my email notice.

Right now I'm timing my two weeks to avoid having to do the last 3 races. The two that haven't been discussed or developed yet (and don't really fit into the gameplay IMO) and one that he cherry-picked and added to the roster from my initial pitch. I really like this race idea and I'd much rather keep it for myself to use in future projects.

Messages In This Thread
My "Dream Job" destroyed my life. - by FactofMyth - 02-24-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: My "Dream Job" destroyed my life. - by FactofMyth - 02-25-2016, 09:48 AM