My "Dream Job" destroyed my life.
I definitely learned a lot of lessons from this.

Unfortunately this is part of a somewhat emotional decision. I'm kind of at a point where a lot of personal stuff is colliding and I need to make a choice. However, I've identified this job as the primary source of my unhappiness. I've known I wanted to quit for a while now, it was just a matter of when. I have an opportunity to take some time to figure out what I want to do and not worry so much about finances. I'll probably do something non-art related (My favorite job ever was as a Barista... or I have a fallback in IT) and just try to focus on enjoying and improving my art as a hobby.

This experience has really gotten me to thinking how much more passionate I am about the actual design of a game as a whole. Maybe my digital art should just be a supplementary skill and I should focus on different skills that could get me involved in actually making games. I have spent a LOT of time thinking about structure and process and management in all this, even getting a little fired up about it. Maybe the spectacular failure of this project and its management is meant to inspire me to take some project management courses?

Would adding that "I'm leaving the project to pursue a career in project management" too opaquely insulting? :P

Yeah, I'm not really gonna say anything like that.

Messages In This Thread
My "Dream Job" destroyed my life. - by FactofMyth - 02-24-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: My "Dream Job" destroyed my life. - by FactofMyth - 02-25-2016, 02:53 PM