JP - Just want to learn to draw.
abnormal you mad man!

I can taste the workload hahah

proportions on some of these are pretty sweet, love the energy.

I can tell the imagination ones still lagging behind alot, try doing those nice reference poses from memory or draw from a different angle. Im not entirely sure if some are imagination, but i see some that look half as a good and im like yep that was from the noggin.

your heads are not bad sometimes, might do you some good to do some longer efforts on portraits, using simple values to learn the planes of the head more concretely. The asaro head is a great tool for that, and the reilly rythms, a personal favorite of mine.

Love the rawness of this stuff abnormal, i think if you did this volume like 3 more times youd be kicking butt and be a decent drafstman. Your stuff is starting to remind me of walent or vlad gheneli. Just a beast from so much sketching, keep on it, proud o you <3

Edit yea, looking back through it you need a hell of a lot more focus on facial planes and hands as those are things that fall very short of the nice groundwork you have for the figures. Your imagination stuff seems so overly simple and like youre not applying the wealth of stuff youre getting close to nailing from reference so just bear that in mind. Maybe some of the good stuff is from imagination, i cant entirely tell, but the stuff thats obviously imagination isn't anywhere near as good as the reference

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]

Messages In This Thread
JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by Abnormal - 05-26-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by yanjiu - 11-29-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by Kimonas - 03-16-2017, 06:07 AM
RE: JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by Bookend - 04-16-2017, 11:37 AM
RE: JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by tinDeer - 06-20-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by John - 07-13-2017, 12:49 AM
RE: JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by Joe - 12-01-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by Fedodika - 10-03-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: JP - Just want to learn to draw. - by Leo Ki - 10-04-2019, 01:16 PM