Guide to productivity.
Hey Kurt, I'm glad you took the time to read it.

As for cognitive restructuring method, I've stopped using it, because I dont need to. I perceive art as an activity that I like to do and that isn't overwhelming. I quess I could go back to it and try to achieve a higher level of liking art, I mean really being inspired by it. I'm glad you got me writing on the subject again, since it got my mind running. I will probably start doing it again each morning, but remember a period where I was really going at it, like so much that you forget to eat.
A short note on meditative practices: I've started using them more often, once or twice a day, to train mindfulness. What really got me into it was this https://youarenotsosmart.com/2015/10/23/...abilities/

As for failure it has stopped being a negative thing alltogether for me. I would say you should still try to succeed, so do care about failing, in a way that shows you what you need to do next. Thats all that failures are really, guidance markers to success. You just have to make sure you are you use them.
If you meant that you "care" for them less in an emotional way then I'd say you are on the right path. 

Allright so currently my system relies on creating the right work environment through artificial restrictions. I sort of fine tuned them so that they wouldn't be too hard on me.

"Restrictions to media.

I get to browse internet 6 hours after waking.
I get to rest and daydream in bed 3 hours after waking.
No phone near bed.
I get to check social medias 15 times per day.

Exeptions to these are: Job stuff. Skype and Google hangouts. Reference searching.

I will remove the usb stick and go without internet for the rest of the day, if I break the internet restriction.
If I break the daydream restriction I will only have 2 sessions per day where I lay down and rest.(not counting the actual time when I go to sleep ofc)"

The social media restriction forces my mind to pay attention to how much I visit them and thus it prevents me from getting into the habit of checking them too much. Right now there are 4 sites I check, so 15 times is a good balance.

Having no internet for a month: First 5 or so days were difficult, but I also had more resolve. Heck I even saw a few dreams where I broke the rule and was shocked. I amusingly thought that it's ok to use internet if you are dreaming.
By 12th day I was doing allright, I had found other activities to spend time on, but I wanted to get myself to draw more. The other activities were all somewhat productive (reading, bicycling, exploring).
I lost some bad habits that were related to the internet in that month.
Now even when I'm not drawing I'm still doing something useful or watching something that has substance(as opposed to before when I had a habit of watching several youtube channels that were entertaining, but there wasn't much more to them).

Ask away, I love to discuss this subject :D

Messages In This Thread
Guide to productivity. - by crackedskull - 07-01-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by Piotr Jasielski - 07-01-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by Artloader - 07-02-2016, 12:57 AM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by crackedskull - 07-02-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by Amit Dutta - 07-03-2016, 12:43 AM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by Piotr Jasielski - 07-03-2016, 01:57 AM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by Brian Hermelijn - 07-03-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by crackedskull - 07-03-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by Amit Dutta - 07-03-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: Guide to productivity. - by Piotr Jasielski - 07-03-2016, 11:54 PM