A Egg Yoks Journey into becoming a better Artist.
(05-13-2020, 10:02 PM)Pubic Enemy Wrote: I like that last picture. Was it inspired by the strange Ezekiel verse about an angel with wheels full of eyes?

Glad to hear you're doing fairly well and getting commissions. I'm intrigued by the style difference between your commissioned pieces and personal ones; are you working toward a sort of painterly cartoon style?

Or if you're just noodling around and lettings things flow, that's great too! I'm basically the same way.
Thanks for the compliments so far Public Enemy! as for your questions I apologize but i'll try my best.

To answer about the angels yeah it is! well, technically. I've always have had a fascination stuff delving in the supernatural and mythology and what I painted was the angel called the Throne. Its really fascinating and I suggest looking it up but Thrones are kinda like the one of nine hierarchy of angels that are sorta depicted in Christianity. Again its super interesting and I really recommend checking it out!

To answer the second question, I should have definitely specified which ones were personal and studies. I've actually been delving in painting this past few months and the few paintings I do have like the egg in the field and the angel are all that I have to show, I need to paint more studies and paint more in general, its kind of relaxing on account its different from lineart and its more sort of like sculpting a piece.

For the style question thats a bit harder to explain unfortunately. I have alot of artists I look up to whenever that be their own style, color usage, or just the way they make pieces  Kimquatz,Don,Lala, and Jeto
Are one of many artists that I really love what they do in their pieces. So I guess my style is sorta an accumulation of things I really want to see in my art that I like. So I guess i'm just sorta noodling around too lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Egg Yoks Journey into becoming a better Artist. - by Yokai90 - 05-14-2020, 01:55 PM