Manoela's Sketchbook (and journal?)
Hi guys! Updating some stuff here! So, i've worked a little harder on cat anatomy for the course Gesture Drawing with Alex Woo.

[Image: RAUdajF.jpg]

Here are some other studies and considerations on Alex Woo’s amazing gesture drawing class. (I’m taking the self taught courses on Schoolism, it has been great!)
So this lesson was called extrapolation and it was basically about how to imbue a character with a pose, a gesture and a sense of motion even though the reference models had a different shape and anatomy.In this case, i have translated the poes of human models into a cat, specifically my lovely cat Miranda. <3 She’s employee of the month on my little studio.
Here are the poses provided by the class, 2 minutes each (this model is adorable and always creates a sense of story with her posing):

[Image: QZMUYRj.jpg]

And here are my interpretations of those poses as I extracted what I considered to be the more important and inherent aspects of each moment, transported to the habits and movements of a cat ( 2 minutes):

[Image: oi7g8Qf.jpg] 
And finally here are some 4 minute studies on that same idea, but with photographs that I’ve chosen for this goal.I can’t express how much I’ve learned with this exercise, I’ve never heard of such simple and nice idea in order to study gesture drawing. I had fun, I learned, and I feel that my drawing skills are improving, so yes, do try this one out guys, it’s loads of fun!

[Image: Eg378wQ.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manoela's Sketchbook (and journal?) - by ManoelaCosta - 11-08-2016, 02:18 AM