Efficiency/ Process help
I don't think the navigator window is a good indicator of when an image is done. Look at some artists that put a lot of time into refining their work, Ruan Jia and Brad Rigney come to mind. Ask yourself if their work would have been equally impressive if all the minor and subtle details were removed. I'd say no. Their work has a high level of finish for a reason and it is a perfectly valid thing to go after.

I think the best indicator of when something is done is asking the question if everything is doing what it's supposed to be doing. Does the form turn, is the surface quality what you want it to be, is the impression working and so on. By following this idea, it allows you to easily judge the state of your work by looking at each aspect of the image and considering if what it's supposed to be is being done properly.

Efficiency shouldn't really be much of a concern. You get better by working through the difficulties you have, not by working around them. When you confront and overcome your difficulties, you gain the ability to do so more efficiently the next time around and over time, you gain experience in knowing where to spend your time in the process. I spent about 200 hours on a cast drawing and after that, I can do the same amount of work in less than half of that time. So don't worry about it. It will matter when you're working professionally but that comes later when all the necessary skills are in place.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954

Messages In This Thread
Efficiency/ Process help - by CHARLE PRSN - 09-06-2016, 04:44 AM
RE: Efficiency/ Process help - by Piotr Jasielski - 09-06-2016, 04:57 AM
RE: Efficiency/ Process help - by Tristan Berndt - 09-07-2016, 04:15 AM
RE: Efficiency/ Process help - by CHARLE PRSN - 09-07-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: Efficiency/ Process help - by Lodratio - 09-07-2016, 09:52 AM
RE: Efficiency/ Process help - by CHARLE PRSN - 09-08-2016, 01:26 AM
RE: Efficiency/ Process help - by Lodratio - 09-08-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: Efficiency/ Process help - by CHARLE PRSN - 09-10-2016, 01:46 AM