the dawckbook! come watch me fail (and hopefully learn)
(02-08-2018, 04:16 PM)dawckward Wrote: stuff from theese days streams and personal stuffz

I like the idea . An huge element on his head , which cover up elements on the background . I don't like giving advice , but in this case I could say , how I would work . Because , I am also working on the character design right now, I recommend to be really calm and work on this piece a short much as I can at least 16- 20 twenty hours in count . Than, choose color pallet from another artist , I usually go for middle value of gray , and more disaturated color at the beginning , because everything in our life greyisg , mostly . Than don't forget about planes , you have tv the closest and some kind of airplane at furthest point - you can read a bit about air perspective make objects which far away dimmer . Than don't forget about the darkest shadows , cast shadows especially on characters , don't forget that the body has own shadows too which are a bit lighter than core shadow . Lighting fro my the tv adding at the end after you polish the body , I would recommend to make light at the whole piece as if it be at the evening so you can make a dramatic reflection from tv on character . Also you can think to add some comics bubbles from tv , which will say some propoganda stuff. . Also I would crop image a bit , to concentrate attention on human , try to find information anoit rule of third . The human body has to be the most detailed, and everything else pretty loss . I also would referenceon how to draw his body after artist named Maxim Verehin . What I said moreover the pose you chose I really like it but make sure to find a reference just to be. Sure . Don't draw every small hair on his helmet try to make more loss watch at old master how did they've approx had it . Remember to make something brighter or more saturated mean stuff that something has to be less saturated and less light , all colors can't exist without one another they'd effecting one another . Joahhan item has a great book read it but only part about color . Because you need to understand physics of color and perception of the human eye. Make one point grid for perspective. And lastly , believe it yourself it is the most vital for achieving a result .

MAybe it is my preference ,but i would make smt like that
but adapt more for rule of third

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: the dawckbook! come watch me fail (and hopefully learn) - by UKRAINIANWOLF97 - 02-14-2018, 06:54 PM