SUP!
Your art school story has a very startling parallel to our local art colleges. Or, at the very least, colleges that offer art courses. I never had a chance to go to art school, but I know people who used to teach.

Probably the best story I heard was this guy who shows up at the start of the class, gives students something to work on during class hours, and does whatever he wants whether he's in or out of the classroom. As long as he gets back to the room before end of the class! Easy class for the students. Easy 6-9 hours per week gig. Easy money for him!

I know another one who taught a course on animation. I remember she deliberately fails people because their lack of knowledge in drawing anatomy. Of course, the faculty heads, parents, and students were furious for their own different reasons! Faculty wanted her to be more lenient because... Parents don't like seeing their kids retake the class since... the students are being students when they fail at school. Works like a chain of command.

I should stop myself before I get into a long, boring, self righteous tirade about art! Thanks to Loader for beating me to it. Because if he didn't, you will not get anything of substance from this short exchange!

Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! Pretty sweet Sargent study thingy on your dA. Let's do this.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
SUP! - by Piloreta - 11-16-2016, 03:30 AM
RE: SUP! - by Artloader - 11-16-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: SUP! - by John - 11-17-2016, 02:36 AM
RE: SUP! - by Piloreta - 11-17-2016, 05:55 AM